At Soleiro, Its professional services at innovative pricing adding value to your time and money. From airport pick-up till the very minute details, we have taken care of all. We believe in and respect value for money, and assure you to make the most of each and every currency you are spending.
The Rental Agreement comprises these terms and conditions and the rental document setting out the hire details which is provided with each vehicle at the point of hire (referred to in these terms and conditions as the "Rental Document"). The Rental Agreement is made between Soleiro Car Rental Ltd(herein referred to as "the owner") and the person and/or company effecting the booking (herein referred to as "the hirer") whose particulars are recorded in the our computed system. It is hereby agreed as follows:
1. VEHICLE DESCRIPTION AND TERM OF HIRE
The owner will let and the hirer will take the motor vehicle, details of which are described in the Rental Document (herein referred to as "the vehicle"), for the term of hire as described in the Rental Document.
Please Note: if you have book a specific car and we can’t source it for you on the day you need it, we’ll offer you a similar set of wheels from the same class, for the same price. We can only guarantee car class and can’t guarantee a specific car type.
2. PERSONS WHO MAY DRIVE THE RENTAL VEHICLE
The vehicle may be driven during the term of hire only by the person who is effecting this booking OR by a person who has provided all the necessary details to the owner, and only if they hold a current full valid driver's licence appropriate for the vehicle while they are using the vehicle. Any person driving the vehicle, warrants having read and accepts all the terms under this agreement.
3. PAYMENTS BY HIRER The hirer shall pay the owner for the hire of the vehicle the sum or sums specified in the Invoice; and authorizes the owner to charge all amounts payable to the hirer's account. The hirer's account means a nominated debit card, credit card, or pre-arranged charge account.
4. ADDITIONAL CHARGES
In addition to the payment specified in clause 3 above, the hirer acknowledges that they shall be liable at the end of the hire term to pay to the owner any applicable additional charges payable at the end of the term. These include, but are not limited to:
a) a fee to cover additional services; b) charges for petrol or other fuel used (but not oil); c) charges for late return of the vehicle; d) charges for damage to or repair of the vehicle (subject to the other terms of the Rental Agreement); and any enforcement charges relating to such damage or repairs (including legal costs); e) charges for cleaning the vehicle's interior if the vehicle is returned in an excessively dirty condition that requires extra cleaning or deodorizing. This includes, but is not limited to, spillage of fluids, food, vomit, other stains, and unpleasant odours including cigarette smoke; f) traffic and/or parking offence infringement fees;
5. The owner will charge the amounts set out in clauses 3 and 4 above to the hirer's account during or after the term of hire is completed, or the hirer may pay such charges as agreed with the owner, such choice to be at the owner's sole discretion.
6. If the hirer fails to pay any money due under or in connection with the Rental Agreement within 14 days of the date by which the hirer was required to pay the money, the owner may, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies the owner may have or be entitled to, charge the hirer and the hirer must pay all additional costs as outlined below:
(a) interest at 10% (compounded daily) on the total amount owing from the expiry of 14 days from the date on which the hirer was required to pay the money to the date of payment; (b) all costs incurred by the owner for the collection of the unpaid money by a debt collection agency or other external or legal agency; and (c) an administration fee of MUR Rs 2000.
7. RETURN POLICY
The hirer shall, at or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the vehicle to the agreed rental location described in the Rental Document or obtain the owner's consent to the continuation of the hire (in which case the hirer shall pay additional hire charges for the extended term of hire). If the hirer does not comply with this clause, and does not immediately return the vehicle, the owner may report the vehicle as stolen to the Police and the hirer must compensate the owner for either the full cost of the vehicle, or all additional costs and losses incurred up to the time that the vehicle is recovered by the owner.
8. RESERVATION CANCELLATION POLICY
The hirer may cancel any prepaid reservation by calling the Helpdesk. Refund is applicable as per the ‘Refund Policy’ written under this agreement.
9. REFUND POLICY
A full refund of the prepaid reservation will be made if the cancellation is made within 10 days of the original booking time;
In case the hirer makes any cancellation less than 10 days of the original booking time, the hirer will be charged 50% of the total reservation fee.
If at the time of vehicle collection the hirer wish to rent a larger car or rent for a longer period, the hirer may do so, subject to availability, on payment of additional charges. Such charges may be at a higher rate than those previously quoted.
If the hirer fail to cancel your reservation prior to the Pick Up Time and do not collect the vehicle on the Pick Up Date and at the Pick Up Location, or if the hirer fail to comply with any of the conditions stated under this agreement, we reserve the right to charge a rental fee which recovers our administration costs and compensates us for our inability to rent the vehicle when it was reserved for your use. The normal Rental Charge is 50% of the total reservation cost.
Please note that we are unable to give a refund if you return the vehicle early.
9. USE OF THE VEHICLE The hirer shall not: a) use or allow the vehicle to be used for the transport of passengers for hire or reward unless the vehicle is hired with the owner's knowledge for use in a passenger service; b) sublet or hire the vehicle to any other person; c) allow the vehicle to be used outside his/her authority; d) operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated in circumstances that constitute an offence against any of laws which relates to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; e) operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated in any race, speed test, reliability trial, rally or contest, or operated on any race or rally circuit or in any event as a pace-maker or testing in preparation for any of them; f) operate the vehicle, or allow it to be operated, in breach of the any Act, regulations, rules or bylaws relating to road traffic; g) operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated for the transport of more passengers or goods than the maximum specified in the certificate of loading and/or road user charge certificate, whichever is the lesser, for the vehicle; h) drive or allow the vehicle to be driven by any person if at the time of driving the vehicle the driver does not hold a current full valid driver's licence appropriate for the vehicle; i) drive or allow the vehicle to be driven on any roads excluded in clause 22(q) of these terms and conditions, or on any beach, driveway, or surface likely to damage the vehicle; j) allow the vehicle to be driven by any person who is not haven’t read this rental agreement; k) operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated to propel or tow any other vehicle; l) operate or allow the vehicle to be used in involvement with any illegal activity; or m) allow any person to smoke in the vehicle.
10. HIRER'S OBLIGATIONS The hirer shall ensure that: a) all reasonable care is taken when driving and parking the vehicle; b) the water in the vehicle's radiator and battery is maintained at the proper level; c) the oil in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level; d) only the fuel type specified for the vehicle will be used; e) the tyres are maintained at their proper pressure; f) the vehicle is locked and secure at all times when it is not in use and the keys kept under the hirer's personal control at all times; g) the distance recorder or speedometer are not interfered with; h) no part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension systems are interfered with; i) should a warning light be illuminated or the hirer believes the vehicle requires mechanical attention, the hirer will stop driving and advise the owner immediately; j) all drivers authorised to use this vehicle during the term of hire are aware of and comply with the terms outlined in the Rental Agreement; and k) any authorised driver carries their driver's licence with them in the vehicle at all times and will produce it on demand to any enforcement officer.
11. OWNER'S OBLIGATIONS
The owner shall supply the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, up to current Certificate of Fitness standards.
12.MECHANICAL REPAIRS AND ACCIDENTS If the vehicle is involved in an accident, is damaged, breaks down or requires repair or salvage, regardless of cause, the hirer shall notify the owner of the full circumstances by telephone immediately. The hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the owner's authority (this includes, but is not limited to, purchasing a replacement tyre) except to the extent that repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property. 24 Hour Roadside Assistance is free for all inherent mechanical faults (as determined by the owner or its authorised repairer) related to the vehicle specified in the Rental Document. For all other roadside assistance call outs including refueling, jump start, tyre related incidents, lost keys and keys locked in the vehicle, a service fee will be charged. If the vehicle requires repair or replacement, the decision to supply another vehicle to the hirer is at the owner's sole discretion.
12. LIABILITY The hirer is liable for: a) any loss of, or damage to, the vehicle and its accessories; b) any consequential damage, loss or costs incurred by the owner, including salvage costs, loss of ability to re-hire and loss of revenue; and c) any loss of, or damage to, vehicles and property of third parties, arising during the term of hire.
All penalties related to traffic and/or parking offences are the responsibility of the hirer and the owner may charge the hirer's credit card for any traffic and/or parking offence infringement fees incurred by the hirer. The owner undertakes, in the event that the owner receives notice of any traffic or parking offenses incurred by the hirer, to send a copy of any such notice to the hirer as soon as is practicable and to provide the necessary information to the relevant issuing authority for such notices to be directed to the hirer. The hirer has the right to challenge, complain about, query or object to the alleged offence to the issuing enforcement authority and has a right to seek a court hearing (within 56 days from the date of issue of the infringement notice or 28 days from the date of issue of the reminder notice).
The owner may also charge an administration fee of MUR Rs 1500 to cover the cost of processing and sending to the hirer notices related to traffic and/or parking infringements.
14. CANCELLATION OF HIRE AGREEMENT The owner has the right to terminate the hire and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with any of the terms of the Rental Agreement, or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of a hire under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of the owner and the rights of the hirer under the Rental Agreement or otherwise.
15. DAMAGE/LOSS OF VEHICLE ACCESSORIES The hirer acknowledges that they are liable for damage to or loss, including theft, of the GPS unit and/or any accessories provided to the hirer.
16. PRIVACY ACT The information requested from the hirer is to enable the owner to assess the hirer’s request to hire a vehicle. The hirer does not have to supply this information, but if the hirer does not, then the owner is unable to hire the vehicle. The hirer acknowledges that the owner will collect, hold and use the hirer’s personal information for purposes related to the hire of the vehicle and the provision of related customer services, including direct marketing and assessing customer satisfaction with products and services provided by the owner. The hirer further acknowledges that such personal information may be disclosed to debt collection agencies in the event that the hirer defaults in the payment of any monies owing to the owner, or other parties involved in an accident with the vehicle while on hire to the hirer; or any organisations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements; and the hirer hereby authorises the disclosure of their personal information for such purposes.
This website is owned and operated by Soleiro Car Rental Ltd.
We are a registered Company in Mauritius
bearing registration number 114001480 Kovil Road, Grand Baie, Republic of Mauritius. c/o Leknarain Kuber.
2.1 Copyright (c) 2016 Soleiro Car Rental. 2.2 Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions: (a) we own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website, and (b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
3.1 You may: (a) view pages from our website in a web browser, (b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser, (c) print pages from our website, (d) streaming and downloading video files from our website, and (e) use our website services by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions for your Services. 3.2 Except as expressly agreed and permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any template or material from our website or save any such confidential information to your computer. 3.3 You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes, like abusive and non-professional photos and Videos. 3.4 Except as agreed by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or in any other ways modify any material on and from our website. 3.5 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not: (a) republish material from our website in any form to other website, (b) show any material from our website in public like the dashboard, (c) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose, or (d) redistribute material from our website.
3.6 We reserve the right to restrict your access to areas of our website, or indeed in our whole website, at our discretion, you must not breach, pirate or bypass, or attempt to divert the proper use rule and any access restriction measures on our website .
4. YOUR CONTENT LICENCE
5. ACCEPTABLE USE
5.1 You must not: (a) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of or is linked to any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. Member and Non Member should not use our website in any way that is in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. (b) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website, (c) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, (d) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing. 5.2 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is True, Accurate, Current, Complete, Copywrite and Non-Misleading.
6. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNTS
7. USER IDS AND PASSWORDS
7.1 Upon registration of an account with our website, we will provide you with / you will be asked to choose a user ID and password. 7.2 Your user ID must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out. 7.3 You must keep your password private and confidential. 7.4 You must notify us in writing or contact the Support Team immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password. 7.5 You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
8. CANCELLATION AND SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT
8.1 We may: (a) suspend your account, (b) cancel your account, and/or (c) edit your account details, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation. 8.2 You may cancel your account on our website using your account control panel on the website.
9. YOUR CONTENT OF RULES AND REGULATION
9.1 You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions. 9.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any other person's legal and personal rights. 9.3 Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not: (a) be libelous or maliciously in any form, (b) be obscene or indecent, (c) infringe any Copyright, Moral right, Database/Scripts right, Trade mark right, designing right, or other Intellectual Property Right in respect to Data Protection Act. (d) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement, crime , incitement for crime and criminal activities. (e) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order, (f) be in breach of racial, religious incitement, discrimination purpose, blasphemous and in any form of incitement to provoke. (g) be pornographic, suggestive or sexually explicits, (h) be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading, (i) constitute spam, (j) be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful or discriminatory,
10. LIMITED WARRANTIES
10.1 We do not warrant or represent: (a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website, (b) that the material on the website is up to date, or (c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available. 10.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
11. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
11.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law, (b) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, (c) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or (d) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence. 11.2 The limits and all exclusions of liability set out in this Section 11 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions: (a) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract and including negligence. 11.3 We will not be liable to you in respect of any (a) losses arising out of any event,events beyond our reasonable control, Special, Indirect consequential in any other ways related. (b) any business losses, loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill. (c) loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
12. BREACH OF THE CONCERN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
12.1 Without prejudice to our other rights and under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may: (a) temporarily suspend your access to our website, (b) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website, (c) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website, (d) contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website, (e) legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise, and/or (f) suspend or delete your account on our website.
13.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. 13.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on Soleiro. We will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice, if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
14. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE
14.1 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
THIRD PARTY RIGHT
14.1 These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and these terms and conditions are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
14.2 The exercise of the parties' rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
15. LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of Mauritius. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Where possible the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law. Headings and numbering used in this Agreement are for convenience and reference only and shall not affect the scope, meaning, intent or interpretation of this Agreement, and shall not have any legal effect.
This Agreement is the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior understandings and documents relating to thesubject matter of this Agreement.
Check out the FAQ’S for car rental at soleiro. From age restrictions to payment details, you will find all your answers here. Just take a moment to go through it; if in any case we still have not answered to your question, Please feel free to contact us.
Your privacy is important to us. We value the trust you have placed in us and are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal information you give us. This document which we update from time to time describes how we use and process your personal information.
Founded over 15 years ago, we have been able to bring about a smile on over 8,000 faces. We are among the leaders among the car rental companies in Mauritius in providing car rental services to customers from all over the globe. With over 200 pick-up locations in an island of 2040 km/sq, Soleiro is committed to your satisfaction. We are proud of our corporation as it is the fruit of our hard work and perseverance; an independent and deep rooted erect – Soleiro Car Rental.